aviation Consult – a German enterprise – offers specialized strategic and operational management and consultancy services to the aviation industry.
aviation Consult is a widely experienced team of highly specialised consultants drawn from the many sectors of the aviation industry.
Our aviation consultancy services are broadly focused, extending into major air carriers, low cost carriers, government agencies, civil aviation authorities, airport operators, and to investors seeking to capitalize on both established and emerging aviation markets.
As specialist consultants, we are well equipped to provide the very best of services, particularly in the strategic and operational aspects of aviation management.
The primary objective for aviation Consult is to always provide the highest quality in terms of customer service, efficiency, safety and security with a strong focus on effective cost control and increasing revenue generation.
Our aviation consultants have undertaken projects in conjunction with airlines, governments, government agencies, and airports from which we have derived an extremely comprehensive understanding of the aviation industry with its many facets.
aviation Consult’s service expertise
As a highly specialized consulting organization, aviation Consult’s expertise encompasses:
- Strategic and operational airline management
- Airline business planning
- Route modeling, including passenger and cargo strategies and forecasts, aircraft performance
- Fleet planning
- Operations start-up, customer services, performance monitoring, optimization, benchmarking and technology implementation
- Detailed airline financial modeling
- Security and safety management
- Critical operational systems and IT structures and operation
- Strategic approaches for the acquisition of equity investment partners
- Program and project management
- Airline advisory services – engineering and maintenance, cargo
The benefits of engaging aviation Consult
By engaging aviation Consult, our clients are able to realize significant benefits, especially in relation to:
- Project management
- Process management
- Change management
- Interim management
all of which are readily deployable for:
- Airlines (legacy, low cost, hybrid)
- Cargo operators
- Charter airlines
- Ground service providers
- Authorities, Ministries, Regulators
- Other aviation service providers, including catering, cleaning, cargo handling etc.
The aviation Consult advantage
aviation Consult’s extensive expertise is derived from a global network of highly qualified experts in the various fields of the aviation industry, all with long-term, successful experience in aviation management positions in airlines, airports and ground handling agencies.
Our network consists of specialists from many aviation areas.
It is through this network structure that aviation Consult is advantageously positioned to overcome many of the administrative aspects and costs associated with full time staff members, thus able to pass on these savings to clients and their customers.
Furthermore we are able to draw on specialist skills and expertise to best suit the particular job at hand. Each of our specialist consultants are committed to providing the very best of their skill sets to all of our clients.
We draw on this deep understanding and experience to ensure that aviation projects are delivered to the highest standard of quality and safety while managing the critical risks of aviation investment.
Airline & Airport Concepts
Langer Hof 3a
(Greater Cologne Area)
Phone: +49 (0) 2292 – 9564 761
Fax: +49 (0) 2292 – 956 4759
Aviation Consult’s Senior Executives – Walter Prenzler and Andreas Schimpff are at the forefront of the team to ensure the highest professional, quality and safety standards are achieved without exception, and to guarantee the best possible outcome for our clients.
Managing Partner & Executive Consultant
Walter specializes in airline strategic and operational management. With an extensive and impressive career in aviation spanning more than 35 years, he is well equipped to develop and implement world class aviation solutions, tailored specifically to individual clients’ requirements.
Walter has previously held senior management positions in Germany, MEA and Asia in network and low cost carriers, charter operations, and as a principal Aviation Consultant.
As CEO of Saudi Arabia’s first low cost carrier NASAIR (now flynas), Walter led the airline during a period of significant expansion of the fleet and network, and was responsible for substantial improvement in operational performance, KPIs and financial results.
More recently, Walter was the Interim CEO & CCO of airBaltic, the national carrier of Latvia.
Walter’s experience extends to the Asia Region where he was the EVP Commercial/CCO of the Indonesian flag carrier Garuda Indonesia responsible for Operational management, debt restructuring, and a successful turnaround program.
As VP Network Planning, Walter held responsibility for route and network planning, including the set-up of the Star Alliance network for Lufthansa German Airlines and was an integral part of Alliance Management group and member of the Star Alliance Committee
Throughout his career, Walter has been at the forefront in global aviation, including
- Area management of the MEA/Pakistan region for Lufthansa as Regional Director.
- Acquisition, consultancy and management of high profile aviation projects in MEA and Asia for Lufthansa Consulting as Managing Consultant and VP Sales Asia.
- SVP Commercial XLAirways Germany for aircraft charter, ad-hoc flights, ACMI and dry lease business.
- Extensive experience in aviation crisis management, contract negotiations and conclusions.
- Expert in airline IT solutions, IT based fuel management, eCommerce and digital business.
Walter holds a Master’s Degree in Business Administration to compliment his executive leadership and excellent communications skills which extend across a wide range of diverse national and cultural groups.